Kali Linux is an open source operating system featuring over 600 pre-installed penetration testing tools including Armitage (a graphical cyber-attack management tool). However, installing kali linux on android turns your device into a hacking virtual box machine.
In this guide, I’ll quickly walk you through the process on how you can easily install Kali Linux on android phones. Before you go through the steps, you ensure your device meets up the below requirements.
- Your device must run on android operating system version 2.1 or up.
- Make sure your device is also rooted. (If not, read root guide).
- Ensure you’ve at least 5GB free storage on either internal or external memory.
- Ensure you have a stable wireless internet connection.
- Keep your device battery above 70%.
How to Install & Run Kali Linux on Android Phones
- Firstly, download Linux deploy from Playstore.
- After that, launch the deploy app and click on download icon as seen in the image below.
- Once you’re done with above step. On the app, select Kali Linux on the distribution option as seen below.
- Once you’re done, hit the install button below. The process may take 5-10mins provided you have a stable internet connection.
- After you must have finished the above process. Download VNC viewer from playstore.
- Use the below settings as seen in the image below.
- Finally, hit the connect button.
That’s it. You’re now able to run kali Linux on your android device. If you still don’t get the whole process, let me know via comment section. With kali Linux on your android device, you get to evaluate the security of your device and any other computer system around you.