MediaTek VCOM driver is a driver that makes your Windows computer compatible for flashing android custom roms via the use of SP tools or any recommended tools. It also makes your computer to utilize the full use of SP flash or any other recommended tools. At times, the absence of VCOM driver on your Windows computer makes it difficult for your PC to detect the MTK65XX devices to be flashed.
Today, I will brief you guys on how to quickly install MediaTek VCOM driver on any Windows PC. Simply follow the procedure below.
· Windows PC- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (the file used for windows 7 can be used for 8, 8.1 & 10)
How to Install MediaTek VCOM Drivers on Windows PC
- Firstly, the downloaded file should be extracted to the desktop screen of your computer
- After that, go to Control panel >> Device manager >> (click on any of the driver group) >> Action >> Add legacy hardware.
3. You would get a wizard pop-up, click next and select the advanced
option in bracket.
4. Getting to another window, click next, and click on “Have Disk” in the next windows.
5. Now, browse the extracted file according to stage 1, Open driver >> USB VCOM driver >> .inf file. Take note that, you’ve to select the file recommended for your operating system and also the bit length (32 or 64bit). You can use windows 7 inf file for windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. It would work.
6. After that you’ve selected and opened the file, getting to another window select “MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port” and click next and next on the next window.
7. That’s it, the driver installation would begin, and after few seconds, it will be finalized.
Now that your VCOM Driver is successfully installed on your Windows computer, you can proceed to flashing custom roms or installing custom recovery through the help of SP Flash tools or any other recommended tool.